Why does my Chrome browser crash on Windows?
If your Chrome browser crashed when you printed from Coupons.com, please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Please type the following in the address bar chrome://plugins/ and click enter.
- Select the plugins you wish to disable.
- Click Disable to deactivate the plugin.
- Close the plugin window.
- Exit the browser and relaunch.
- Go back to the site and try printing a coupon.
||Set your startup programs to minimal. Multiple programs that run quietly in the background when you first login to your machine can create slow performance and may crash your system.
||Please check the following:
- Go to the Start menu and type in MSCONFIG on the search box.
- Double-click on MSCONFIG and under System Configuration, select Startup.
- Uncheck which programs you do not want to start automatically. Determine which programs you really need.
- Uncheck the box to disable the program.
- Please make a note of which programs you uncheck in case you need to turn it back on later.
- Close the window and restart your computer for changes to take effect.
- Hover over your Internet Explorer icon on your task bar to see if multiple sessions are running.
- If you see something similar to the image below, this indicates you have multiple sessions running, please click the red ‘X’ to close any additional sessions.
||These steps are to help manage the preset Tabs or sessions.
- Go to Settings or in the address bar, type chrome://settings/ and click enter.
- Under Settings, go to On startup.
- Select Open the New Tab page.